The treatment and prevention of bad breath, also known as halitosis, is extremely important to keep your health in good condition. Bad breath arises due to poor dental health habits, genetic dispositions, underlying health issues, and dietary choices. See the list below for a few treatment methods for bad breath:
– Use mouthwash to help kill bacteria and temporarily neutralize bad breath.
– Focus on brushing your teeth twice daily and flossing at least once daily to rid your mouth of bacteria.
– Bacteria has often been known to linger on your tongue, so always keep your tongue clean and free of any white or brown coatings that can often manifest.
– If you have dentures, always make sure to wash them and clean them as necessary.
– Help promote saliva flow in your mouth by chewing sugarless gum or sucking on hard candies.
– Avoid unhealthy habits such as smoking or chewing tobacco.
– Eat healthy foods that can help promote saliva flow, including watery foods and those that are extra chewy, such as carrots and apples.
No matter the treatments, cleanings, or repairs you are in need of, Dr. Thomas Anglemire and our team at Granger Family Dentistry PC are here to help you in every way we can. If you would like to set up an appointment to come see us at our dentist office in Granger, Indiana, please call us at 574-277-5406 to speak with a member of our team.